1 hr 30 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
This was a holiday tradition when I was growing up. My mom and I would sit at the table cracking the nuts for this bread and talk about everything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/2 milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1Grease 2 loaf pans or one bundt cake pan.
- 2Place nuts in bottom of pans; set aside.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 4Beat butter in a large bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 5Add both sugars and vanilla; beat for 1 or 2 minutes until well mixed.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, beating just until combine after each egg.
- 7Stir in pumpkin.
- 8Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beating on low speed after each addition until well mixed and scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pans and smooth tops.
- 10Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- 12Remove from pans.
- 13Cool completely, nut sides up.
- 14To serve, place nut sides up.
- 15Brush with syrup.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.8
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: