Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This bread is always a family favorite.
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin, not pie filling
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cream cheese and butter; mix until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Fold in the pumpkin.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to pupkin mixture; mix just until well moistened.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9x5" loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
I doubled the cinnamon and nutmeg.
Quick and easy and very tasty! The cream cheese makes a very moist and delicious pumpkin bread.