Recipe by Katie's Kitchen
In the UK almost everyone throws out the pumpkin that they carve out. This seemed like a waste to me and my amercian/danish friend gave me this recipe. Tastes exactly like carrot cake. Very popular each Hallowe'en.
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3⁄4 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 fluid ounces whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a deep greased tin (approx8" x 6").
- Pre-Heat the oven to Gas 4 / 180C / 350F.
- Mix Wet Ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix Dry Ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine Together.
- Pour into tin.
- Cook for 1 hr or until a knife in the centre comes out clean.
- The cooking time really varies on the size of the tin.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream.
- Mix Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla together and then add the whipped cream.
- Spread over the top of cooled cake.
- Decorate with Walnuts.