Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This has been a long time favorite recipe from Del Monte, especially good to have on hand for holiday entertaining. Extra easy too! It's been on their pumpkin can label since 1969.
- Cream together sugar and oil.
- Add eggs and pumpkin; mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add to pumpkin mixture alternately with water.
- Mix well after each addition.
- Pour into well greased and floured 9 X 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 °F for 1 ½ hours, until loaves test done.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to cool.
My first,thanks. It was delicious.
This is identical to the recipe given to me 20 years ago by a sweet little old lady at a house where I was working a remodeling job. It's SO good! Hers included a cup of chopped nuts (pecans for me please). A HUGE improvement I came up with was to bake this as cupcakes; it takes around 15 minutes instead of forever! They make wonderful gift-bags of goodies to give out as Christmas happies... perfect for when you want to do something nice but a bought gift isn't quite right.
This is the perfect pumpkin bread. I baked mine in a 9X13 pan and it took about 45 minutes. I tossed in about a cup of walnuts, too. I forgot the water! It turned out fine. This was delicious topped with cream cheese frosting. Mmmmm