Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Bread recipe I got from Joanie Duello.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups pumpkin
- Preheat over to 350.
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Mix pumpkin, water, oil, and eggs together.
- Combine dry ingredients and pumpkin mixture together.
- Pour into 2 medium and 4 small greased loaf pans or 7 small greased loaf pans or 2 large greased loaf pans - 9x5x3.
- Bake large loaf pans for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Bake medium & small loaf pans for 45 minutes.
- Bake small loaf pans for 45 minutes.
This recipe is awesome!!! Just the perfect amount of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin. I did put some chopped up walnuts in mine to add a little crunch. I've made muffins and bread loaves, and they all have turned out perfect. Thanks for a great recipe!
This is the exact recipe my mom gave me with the exception of the cinnamon. Her recipe calls for 1 tsp rather than 2. I'm going to try it with more next time I make it though. This is always a hit!!
Oh, my, Sharon. This was inspired! I really thought that only 2 cups of pumpkin would not be enough flavor to make this much bread, put the batter was perfect and yielded 3 med loaves and 1 med large loaf. The bread is moist and flavorful. I'm planning on having some slightly toasted with cream cheese, tomorrow morning. Thnx for sharing this, Sharon. Made for PAC Fall 2009.