Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that my BIL loves, so I thought I would share it with you. Although I myself am not a lover of pumpkin bread, hopefully if you are you will find this to your liking. :)
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine eggs, water, salad oil and pumpkin.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients in the first bowl and mix just until well blended.
- Fold in nuts, and raisins.
- Mound batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of loaf).
- Cool on a wire rack.
This was great! I had left over pumpkin that i had to use, and i found this recipe to do it with. I did not have nutmeg, so i used about a tsp of pumpkin spice instead. And i halved the recipe as i only has enough pumpkin to make 1 loaf. But over all, i loved this, as well as my family. thank you for sharing.
Great bread Oz! I substituted regular chocolate chips and white chocolate chips for the raisins and nuts and ended up with a couple of very moist loves of pumpkin bread. Perfect with my coffee this morning! Thanks!!
Very moist and tasty. I might add a little more nutmeg, though, just because I really like nutmeg. I left out raisins because I really dislike them :) Thanks for a keeper, Oz! BTW, I used half sugar and half Splenda for the called for sugar.