Recipe by dicentra
I love quick breads! This is a great one for fall. You could add nutmeg too if you’d like. And a powdered sugar glaze would be wonderful.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb canned pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- chopped nuts
- golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in egg, pumpkin and water.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and spices.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins. Pour into pans.
- Bake about 70 minutes.