Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is my favorite Pumpkin Bread because it always comes out great and so easy to prepare.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5 loaf pan. Combine first five ingredients in medium bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil in large bowl. Whisk in dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in nuts (and chocolate chips if using). Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool.
- Can be made ahead. Wrap and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature 6 hours. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.