Recipe by PaulaG
I have no idea where I found this recipe. For the past 25 years or so this has become a holiday tradition. I have made this for bake sales and have baked it in mini-loaf pans and given as Christmas gifts. If this is baked in mini-loaf pans, reduce the cooking time to about 45 minutes.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup salad oil (canola)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the sugar and oil together.
- Add eggs and pumpkin, mixing well.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture alternately with water.
- Pour into 2 well greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until tests done.
- Let stand 10 minutes, remove from pan to cool.
- Note: To test for doness, insert a toothpick off center and if it comes out clean the bread is done.