Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Modified for Lake Chapala Weight Watchers Group. High fiber low fat muffins
Make and share this Pumpkin Bran Muffins De Chapala recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, Mexican preferred
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add vinegar to milk and let sit for a minute or so to sour.
- Soak cereal (All-Bran Original) in milk for 5 minutes.
- I substitute Agave syrup for the honey.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to wet just mixing to moisten.
- Add optional 2 tablespoons chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- Fill 12 muffin pan and bake for about 25 minutes at 350 (Mexican oven).