Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very filling... a great morning start or midnight snack!
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup soymilk (or milk of your choice)
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl. Mix wheat bran and milk in separate bowl.
- Add pumpkin, canola oil, and buttermilk to wheat bran and milk.
- Combine dry ingredients with the other.
- Grease muffin pan or line with paper cups. Spoon batter into cups.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes.
ok.. I'm going to have to give these a 1 star... they didn't turn out at all for me. The only change I made was instead of 2 cups of wheat bran, I used 1 cup.. and the other cup was oat bran.. I also used olive oil in place of the canola. These did not rise AT ALL in the oven... and really there is nothing in the recipe to help this (no eggs, baking powder.. etc), so maybe the recipe is wrong? If you have any solution.. I would try again.. but as is, it's a one star recipe.