Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These taste so good you won't believe they are low in fat! Great for kids, breakfast on the go, and lunches too!
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml wheat germ
- 118.29 ml vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 4.92 ml Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with 2 tablespoons water (or 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg)
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml raisins, chopped
- 236.59 ml shredded bran cereal
- 177.44 ml soymilk (or nonfat milk)
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- 59.14 ml sorghum molasses
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray cups of a 12-hole muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mix together in a large bowl dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- Blend two bowls together, mixing until ingredients are just moistened, about 20 stirs.
- Spoon batter, evenly divided, into muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling (or serve warm as an option).
I love pumpkin muffins, but these just didn't do it as they were quite dry. I'm not sure what would have made that as I had hopes using molasses would take care of that happening. I used skim milk for the liquid part and only one egg. I'm guessing another egg wouldn't hurt. Maybe upping the amount of molassess too?? I used recipe#53751 in place of using butter for added taste. Made for PRMR.~