Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These taste so good you won't believe they are low in fat! Great for kids, breakfast on the go, and lunches too!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with 2 tablespoons water (or 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup shredded bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk (or nonfat milk)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum molasses
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray cups of a 12-hole muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mix together in a large bowl dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- Blend two bowls together, mixing until ingredients are just moistened, about 20 stirs.
- Spoon batter, evenly divided, into muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling (or serve warm as an option).
I love pumpkin muffins, but these just didn't do it as they were quite dry. I'm not sure what would have made that as I had hopes using molasses would take care of that happening. I used skim milk for the liquid part and only one egg. I'm guessing another egg wouldn't hurt. Maybe upping the amount of molassess too?? I used Warp-Speed Pumpkin Butter in place of using butter for added taste. Made for PRMR.~