Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These taste so good you won't believe they are low in fat! Great for kids, breakfast on the go, and lunches too!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with 2 tablespoons water (or 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup shredded bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk (or nonfat milk)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum molasses
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray cups of a 12-hole muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mix together in a large bowl dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- Blend two bowls together, mixing until ingredients are just moistened, about 20 stirs.
- Spoon batter, evenly divided, into muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling (or serve warm as an option).
I love pumpkin muffins, but these just didn't do it as they were quite dry. I'm not sure what would have made that as I had hopes using molasses would take care of that happening. I used skim milk for the liquid part and only one egg. I'm guessing another egg wouldn't hurt. Maybe upping the amount of molassess too?? I used Warp-Speed Pumpkin Butter in place of using butter for added taste. Made for PRMR.~