1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Bolognese
NY Foodgasm's Note:
I came upon the idea after I made the Pumpkin Chili, I thought hmmm why not make a meat sauce, like a Bolognese with pumpkin instead of tomato. I like to challenge the idea that pumpkins are just for baking! Let's think outside the pie on this one. Well I made this up completely outta my head after studying some classic Bolognese recipes. When I tell you I just about fell off my chair from just how good this was- well I was just so amazed! The spicy sausage, the sweetness of the carrots and the pumpkin combined with the sweet acidity of the Sauvignon Blanc just made my taste buds explode in rapture! Yes it was almost a religious experience! AMEN!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sausages in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil Sausage until almost cooked through. (Tip: Poke holes in sausage so they will not explode scalding water on you when pierced)
- 2Place sausage, carrots, garlic and onions in food processor and combine until diced into small pieces.
- 3In a large skillet on medium high heat add your olive oil. Place contents of your food processor into the skillet and saute for about 15 minutes. You want to get the meat a little brown and caramelize onions. Let those flavors out!
- 4Roughly slice up your basil leaves and add those in now as well. Then you can add in your pumpkin, wine and chicken broth as well as those spices. Can you smell the awesomeness happening here?! Oh you will! It is an amazing sweet and savory smell and you will think you are in food heaven, no you did not die you just made a foodgasm!
- 5Stir and let this masterpiece simmer for another 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.0
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 610.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g