Recipe by SAHMchef
This recipe was modified to make it more healthy, and it still tastes wonderful!
Top Review by Squirrelette
Very moist and tasty. I switched out the Splenda for regular white sugar and although it tasted a little too sweet right after baking, it was not too sweet the next day. Also, I got 20 nicely sized muffins (not jumbo) out of this recipe, instead of 15 (see photo), so even with the regular sugar, the calorie count remained the same per muffin.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Splenda granular or 1 cup other artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line 15 medium-sized muffin tins or 24 small tins.
- Combine all ingredients from flour through salt in a large bowl. In separate bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, and applesauce. Combine with the flour mixture until well-moistened, then gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake for about 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.