Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
This recipe was modified to make it more healthy, and it still tastes wonderful!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Splenda granular or 1 cup other artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line 15 medium-sized muffin tins or 24 small tins.
- Combine all ingredients from flour through salt in a large bowl. In separate bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, and applesauce. Combine with the flour mixture until well-moistened, then gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake for about 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Very moist and tasty. I switched out the Splenda for regular white sugar and although it tasted a little too sweet right after baking, it was not too sweet the next day. Also, I got 20 nicely sized muffins (not jumbo) out of this recipe, instead of 15 (see photo), so even with the regular sugar, the calorie count remained the same per muffin.
This recipe was great! We used all whole wheat flour instead of using a combination of white and wheat flour. The batter was a little thick, but they baked up really well. The fresh blueberries worked well too. Thanks for the healthy, tasty recipe! We will be making these again.