Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Blendtec, but any regular blender could handle this list of ingredients. I love using my blender with recipes like this - just dump everything, blend, and bake! This bread rises well and bakes up moist and yummy!
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk (or almond, flax, oat, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sucanat
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium apple, cored and seeded
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add first 8 ingredients to blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec users: press “Speed Up” to Speed 5 and allow full cycle to run.
- For other blender users: blend until thoroughly mixed and apple is pureed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 6-8 times to incorporate dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula, scrape down sides of jar and add batter to a greased 8”x4” loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until done.