- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 quart mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and shortening as for pie crust.
- Add salt, 1 teaspoons sugar and milk to make soft dough.
- In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, 1 cup sugar and cinnamon thoroughly.
- Take walnut sized ball of dough and roll into circle.
- Place a tablespoon or so of pumpkin mixture on dough and seal edges.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until just starting to brown.