1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Half Hearted Chef's Note:
This thick, rich soup is delicious on a chilly day. Great accompaniment to your holiday turkey - especially if you or someone you love is a vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Melt margarine in a large pot.
- 2Add onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, cinnamon and allspice and cook on low-medium heat until the onion and garlic begin to brown.
- 3Add the beans, tomatoes, pumpkin and broth to the pot.
- 4Using a stick blender, puree ingredients.
- 5Simmer uncovered, until thick, about 40-45 minutes.
- 6Before serving, stir in the balsamic vinegar.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 399.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: