1/3 Photos of Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
This soup is thick and filling and very simple to make. I prefer this with chicken broth, but if you need to make it vegetarian, use vegetable broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, pack down the cup, NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil.
- 2Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for about 4-5 minutes.
- 3Add the cumin and curry powder and sauté for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- 4Add the broth, thyme, pumpkin puree, salt, pepper and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- 5Stir in the black beans and tomatoes.
- 6Reduce heat. Cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in the 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 457.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g