Abiner Smoothie's Note:
An Autumn-inspired Shepherd's Pie. You can substitute winter squash for pumpkin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups peeled pumpkin, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree or 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cook pumpkin, beef and onion until the meat is browned.
- 3Drain the fat and stir in beans, chiles, corn and salt until heated through.
- 4Stir in the cheese and broth until blended.
- 5Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- 6In a bowl, stirl together the muffin mix, milk, pumpkin puree and egg until combined. Then spoon it over the filling in the baking dish.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Black Bean Bake
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.8
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 975.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g