Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An Autumn-inspired Shepherd's Pie. You can substitute winter squash for pumpkin.
Make and share this Pumpkin Black Bean Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups peeled pumpkin, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin puree or 1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pumpkin, beef and onion until the meat is browned.
- Drain the fat and stir in beans, chiles, corn and salt until heated through.
- Stir in the cheese and broth until blended.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- In a bowl, stirl together the muffin mix, milk, pumpkin puree and egg until combined. Then spoon it over the filling in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.