You Do the Dishes's Note:
This is the 2005 runner-up prize winning recipe from the aidells.com website. Aidells' chicken, turkey and pork sausages should be available in your local grocery store - any flavored sausage will work. I added more curry and cumin and cayenne - we like it spicy! This was a cinch to make and it was delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) package chicken-apple sausages, diced into bite-size pieces (Aidells)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- 1In a soup pot over medium heat, add the oil and saute the onions for 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the broth, sausage, black beans, tomatoes, corn and pumpkin and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the milk, curry and cumin.
- 4Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Season to taste with cayenne, salt and sugar.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin, Black Bean and Chicken Sausage Stew
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 500.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: