Prep 25 mins
Cook 13 mins
Delicious with coffee or dinner! Spread with honey butter..mmmm! From Cooking Light
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine flour and next six ingredients; cut in chilled butter until mixture is like small crumbs.
- Combine buttermilk and pumpkin; add to flour mixture, stilling just until moist.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly about 5 times.
- Roll dough to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into rounds with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place bicuts on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes or until golden.
Yummy! I also made drop biscuits. I substituted whole wheat flour for the all-purpose, and used a mixture of fat free milk and almond milk to make my buttermilk. Tossed in about 2 Tbs. of ground flaxseed and baked for 11 minutes. They came out just right! Moist and slightly sweet, I will definately nmake these again!
Great tasting biscuits! I used fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned, and perhaps this was the reason that the dough was a bit too wet to knead and roll out - so instead I simply made drop biscuits. They came out tender and pumpkiny - perfect with the pork tenderloin medallions and peas I served them with. Thanks SweetPnut!