Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a specialty of Club 33 at Disneyland Park, Anaheim, California.
Make and share this Pumpkin Beignets recipe from Food.com.
- 2.46 ml dry yeast
- 59.14 ml warm water (@105 degrees)
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml hot water
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml vegetable shortening
- 2.46 ml salt
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 44.37 ml butter
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream, hot water, egg, shortening, and salt in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. Mix dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest in bowl, covered with a clean kitchen towel, 30 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface. Pat to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 2-inch squares. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let dough rise in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side.
- Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
- Maple glaze: Combine butter and maple syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until butter melts. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle warm beignets with maple glaze and serve immediately.