Prep 7 mins
Cook 40 mins
These amazing vegan bars are delicious around the holidays or whenever!
- 1⁄3 cup soy yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup tofutti better-than-cream-cheese
- 5 tablespoons non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix soy yogurt, sugar, pumpkin, and oil with electric mixer.
- In a small bowl, sift together dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture.
- Spread batter evenly in a small 9x5 pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- For frosting, blend cream cheese,margarine, shortening, and vanilla. Then add powdered sugar about 1/4 Celsius at a time.
- Frost bars after completely cool and enjoy.