Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Friend's family has been making this for years and I finally got the recipe from her. The texture is more like a cake I think, and they are so good! Enjoy!
For the Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12x18 inch half sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix together the eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg; stir into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bars spring back when lightly touched. Cool before cutting into bars.
- To make the frosting In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Option: Add chopped walnuts on the top as a garnish.