Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These Pumpkin Bars are really easy. They come out moist and with the perfect spicy, sweet flavor of pumpkin. They taste great without the frosting, but you can add it anyway! Kids and adults will loves these as a Thanksgiving dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- pecan halves (optional)
cream cheese frosting
- 3 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, and oil. Add the flour mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in chopped pecans, if desired.
- Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with pecan halves, if desired. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator. Makes 24 bars.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: In a medium bowl beat together one 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened; 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened; and 1 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, beating until smooth.