Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was on Paula's Home Cooking. Recipe courtesy Patty Ronning as adapted by Paula Deen. Will go nice with your holiday dinner or enjoyed anytime of the year.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
- To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
Fantastic.I am making them for a second time now. I would agree that it is more like a cake than a bar but whatever you call it it was delish! Very moist and such a great frosting.
This is fantastic, but really much more lie a cake than bar. Mine rose to the top of my pan. I added 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice for some more zip, and added 1 c. of powdered sugar to the frosting which made it exactly the recipe I use to top my carrot bars. This is moist and flavorful...I would highly recommend this...you can't go wrong with a Paula Deen recipe.
I actually got this recipe off the food network site after seeing Paula make it on her show. It is an extremely moist bar with a delicious frosting. The cinnamon is just the right amount. all my co-workers loved this!