Recipe by J C
If you like pumpkin pie this is the best! great for the holidays
Top Review by Alexi's Mom
These are awesome! My sister in law made them first and they were so good I had to make some for myself. Nest time I think I'll try adding some chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (I can only find 15oz cans and that seems to work just fine)
- 1 cup cooking oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- PUMPKIN BARS: In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- Stir in the eggs, pumpkin, and oil till combined.
- Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 2 hours on a wire rack.
- MUST COOL BEFORE SPREADING ON FROSTING.
- FROSTING: Beat together soft cream cheese; soft butter/margarine; and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well to reach spreading consistency.
- Spread ontop of bars.
- BEST WHEN SERVED REALLY CHILLED!