Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like pumpkin pie this is the best! great for the holidays
Make and share this Pumpkin Bars W/Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (I can only find 15oz cans and that seems to work just fine)
- 1 cup cooking oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- PUMPKIN BARS: In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- Stir in the eggs, pumpkin, and oil till combined.
- Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 2 hours on a wire rack.
- MUST COOL BEFORE SPREADING ON FROSTING.
- FROSTING: Beat together soft cream cheese; soft butter/margarine; and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well to reach spreading consistency.
- Spread ontop of bars.
- BEST WHEN SERVED REALLY CHILLED!
These are awesome! My sister in law made them first and they were so good I had to make some for myself. Nest time I think I'll try adding some chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter. Thanks for the recipe!
They are good but very cake-like. I suggest reducing the baking powder to 1 tsp and halving the soda. The flour won't lift as much resulting in a more dense brownie-like bar.
It was absolutely wonderful. The only objection I had was that there was not enough frosting. I made it again and increased the cream cheese to 6 oz., the butter to 6 Tbsp., the vanilla to 2 tsp. and the powdered sugar to 3 cups. I also added ginger and nutmeg to the cake.