Recipe by TigerJo~
I have served these bars to my best friend and her daughter, neither of whom need reduced-sugar foods; they both said they were great. And they smell very good while baking.
Top Review by cdsandler
I made this recipe exactly as written for a New Years brunch, and it came out great. No one could tell there was splenda in it. I liked it because it wasn't overly sweet, and could be eaten out of hand.
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray an 11x13 (jelly roll) pan with non stick pan spray.
- Place eggs, sweetener, sugar, oil, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until smooth, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together to blend, then add to creamed mixture; mix at medium speed until creamy again; spread batter in the 11x14 pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean from the center of the pan.
- Place pan on a wire rack and cool to room temperature; cut four by six.
- You may serve with low-sugar pudding or low-sugar whipped topping, if desired.