Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Paula Deen Recipe from Taste of the South.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add to pumpkin mixture and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined and batter is smooth.
- Spread batter in an ungreased nonstick 13-x 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and beat at low speed until combined. Add vanilla and beat until desired consistency is reached.
- If desired, garnish with ground cinnamon.
I was told (and agreed) that this recipe deserves 5 1/2 stars! We loved it, and I am making it again tomorrow night.
These are by far the best tasting bars/cake you can find when it comes to pumpkin. It is very good. I can't believe I haven't rated this yet. I made it exactly and will be making it again and again.
These are my favorite of all. I make mine into mini muffins and swirl the frosting on each one using a pastry tip. I couldn't get my hands on my magazine and out of desperation checked here. Lucky me, you did! Thanks for posting. It made 3 mini-muffin pans, 72, andthey were done approximately 13 minutes.