- 4 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add to pumpkin mixture and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined and batter is smooth.
- Spread batter in an ungreased nonstick 13-x 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and beat at low speed until combined. Add vanilla and beat until desired consistency is reached.
- If desired, garnish with ground cinnamon.