Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
Easy way to make delicious spicy dessert bars!
- 1 betty crocker super moist light yellow cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cake mix with pumpkin, eggs and spices for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into 15x8 inch jelly roll pan that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake for 23 minutes.
- When bars are cool and just prior to serving, frost bars with glaze.
- Glaze only the portion of the bars that will be eaten, as this dessert does not keep well once the glaze has been spread on.
- Unfrosted bars can easily be frozen for later use.
I would have to agree with the previous comment. I was hoping for a denser bar, not so cake like. The flavor was nice even though I preferred it without the glaze.
Really good, just not quite the texture I was looking for. Not "heavy" enough.