Recipe by Bev
This recipe was made famous throughout the South in the 1980's by White Lily Flour.
Top Review by Ouisey
These are excellent!!! I made them without the nuts, at my husband's request and the omission didn't hurt them one bit. They are so moist and chewy--and they freeze very well. Thanks Bev. I'll definitely make them again.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup moderately coarsely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon into bowl; set aside.
- Mix eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil in large bowl, beating well to blend.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, beating well to combine.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Turn mixture onto ungreased 15x10-inch jelly- roll pan and bake for 15-30 minutes, until springy to touch.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Leave plain or, if you like, spread with cream cheese frosting (see recipe #55530).
- Cut into bars.