Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These stay moist and delicious and almost caused an international incident when a lady took credit for baking them at the embassy when she really didn't.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Cream cheese frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, soften to room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, soften to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Cream cheese frosting: Stir until real smooth- a helpful hint is to sift powdered sugar so there are no lumps.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease square, shallow baking pan.
- Beat sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs in large mixer bowl on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in baking mix, cinnamon and raisins.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool, Frost with Cream Cheese frosting.
- Cut into bars.
Delicious! I have made these twice and substituted chocolate chips for raisins - they were a hit and gone in an instant! Great flavor!.
Very good bar recipe. Easy and quick to make. Brought for a potluck and they were eaten quickly. Made second time and substituted chocolate chips instead of raisins which tasted even better!
This is the same exact recipe we use here in Lancaster Co., PA. It's hard to beat! These are moist, and get eaten very quickly. We LOVE the cream cheese icing! TRY THIS RECIPE!! :)