Recipe by LR Beckwith
These stay moist and delicious and almost caused an international incident when a lady took credit for baking them at the embassy when she really didn't.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Cream cheese frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, soften to room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, soften to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream cheese frosting: Stir until real smooth- a helpful hint is to sift powdered sugar so there are no lumps.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease square, shallow baking pan.
- Beat sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs in large mixer bowl on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in baking mix, cinnamon and raisins.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool, Frost with Cream Cheese frosting.
- Cut into bars.