Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A pumpkin bar with a cream cheese frosting. Out of this world!!
Make and share this Pumpkin Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In lg bowl, mix first 4 ingredients well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased 15x10 inch pan.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes, or until pick comes out clean.
- Frosting: Mix all ingredients until smooth.
Bars were good, not overly pumpkiny. Next time I would add nutmeg and more cinnamon.
We needed a bar fast for church this afternoon and this one fit the bill. I added pumpkin spice along with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. This is a very moist bar. I did not frost the bars, instead I sprinkled the top with powered sugar. Thanks Nezz for sharing this recipe.
My family and I absolutely love these bars. They are moist and yummy. This recipe makes a large batch as well. The cream cheese frosting is wonderful- I use only 2 cups of powered sugar so it is not as sweet.