Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from my sister and these are the absolute best pumpkin bars I've ever tasted.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat until light and fluffy: eggs, oil, sugar (regular).
- Add the flour, salt, cinnamon& soda.
- Stir together then add the can of pumpkin.
- Mix well.
- Spread into ungreased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
- Icing: Mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar together and spread over the top of the bars.
I made these for a Thanksgiving Feast at my son's preschool. The parent's and kid's really enjoyed these bars. They went fast with no leftovers.
These turned out great, and were devoured by my family & friends! The frosting had a smooth, creamy texture, but tasted a tad too buttery. I think I'll reduce the amount of butter next time, and add a little more cream cheese. We enjoyed these, though, and I'll definitely make them again! Thanks! :)
I have made this several times and have forgotten to rate it. This is my favorite fall recipe. It is so moist and yummy.