Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made these for Christmas and they were pretty tasty!
Make and share this Pumpkin Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream
- To make the bars, mix all cake ingredients, except the walnuts, until smooth.
- Fold in walnuts and pour batter into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients and beat with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy (at least 3 minutes).
- If the consistency is a tad too thick, thin with a little bit of milk or orange juice.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Keep refrigerated!