Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great dessert recipe.
Make and share this Pumpkin Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 15 ounces pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup walnuts, Chopped (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting -
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1⁄2-4 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- In large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In another container, combine pumpkin, cooking oil and eggs till thoroughly mixed. Add to dry mixture. Stir until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- If desired, stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter into a sprayed 15x10x1-inch-baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium to high speed till light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to make the frosting of spreading consistency.
- Cut into bars.
- Store, covered.
- **Note: Substitute one 16-ounce can of applesauce for the pumpkin and presto! You have applesauce bars.