Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a bit different that the other Pumpkin Bars recipes. My grandson loves these.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 18 ounces pillsbury plus butter recipe cake mix
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 16 ounces vanilla frosting (canned)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 15 x 10 pan.
- In large bowl combine sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin. Beat 1 minute at highest speed with hand mixer.
- Add cake mix and spice and blend.
- Beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes. Cool.
- In small bowl combine frosting and cream cheese with hand mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Frost cake.
- Store in refrigerator.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used my own cream cheese icing.
NICE, NICE, NICE! Love these bars, & although I used just a thin layer of frosting, they were very good! Certainly a recipe worth making again & again! Many thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in AUS/NZ Recipe Swap, Mar 08]