Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These seem to just melt in your mouth. Everyone will want your recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl mix the first 4 ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients, add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased 15x10 inch pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 - 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and frost.
I wanted a bar that was made without oil and this fit the bill. The final product was not fluffy. Maybe that's just the recipe. The taste was classic pumpkin bar and of course the cream cheese frosting is the perfect topping. Thanks for sharing!