Recipe by emily9
I got this from my Pillsbury cookbook. I get called every year at my daughter's school to make for their facility luncheon.
Top Review by lamb2112
I used pumpkin puree, so needed an extra cup flour.
Will add another cup of raisins next time to suit our tastes.
Will add more spice next time too.
My family enjoyed them for Thanksgiving.
Will definitely make again, with the minor adjustments above!
Thanks for submitting!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease (not oil) 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Add sugar, oil and pumpkin; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon; beat 1 minute at low speed.
- Stir in raisins or nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar; blend until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cool bars.