Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried these, but plan to.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin (Or 16 oz.)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together: eggs, sugar, oil & pumpkin.
- In separate bowl, mix together: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Combine 1st & 2nd mixtures.
- Pour in large sheet cake pan – 9 x 11.
- Cook 27 – 32 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. (Personally, I do about 25, and then, though it doesn't look done, let it cool and it tastes better/.
- Completely cool bars before icing.
- Cream together all icing items.
- Spread over cool pumpkin bars.
Unexpectedly wonderful! We all kept sneaking more and more every time we went by the counter. Followed the recipe exact - The icing was great and the bars were moist and not overpowering with pumpkin. YUM!
Thanks for the post, I was looking for a pumpkin bar/cookie recipe that didn't require butter (since I'm out) and this turned out nice. I halved the recipe & made it in a smaller pan since I'm just cooking for one. I also substituted unsweetened applesauce for the oil which made it really moist & dense, and added 2 tsp. nutmeg for extra kick. The full amount of pumpkin is good but gives a strong pumpkin taste, so I might cut back a little bit next time. Thanks again!! : )