Recipe by Shelby, the wannabe chef
I have not tried these, but plan to.
Top Review by melissajanderson43
Unexpectedly wonderful! We all kept sneaking more and more every time we went by the counter. Followed the recipe exact - The icing was great and the bars were moist and not overpowering with pumpkin. YUM!
- 4 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin (Or 16 oz.)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together: eggs, sugar, oil & pumpkin.
- In separate bowl, mix together: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Combine 1st & 2nd mixtures.
- Pour in large sheet cake pan – 9 x 11.
- Cook 27 – 32 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. (Personally, I do about 25, and then, though it doesn't look done, let it cool and it tastes better/.
- Completely cool bars before icing.
- Cream together all icing items.
- Spread over cool pumpkin bars.