Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
from "healthy food for living" - http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com/?p=15577
Make and share this Pumpkin Banana Gingerbread recipe from Food.com.
- 532.32 ml white whole wheat flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 59.14 ml pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml unsulphured molasses
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 177.44 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 59.14 ml 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F Lightly coat a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with canola oil cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla, and molasses. Whisk in the mashed bananas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and yogurt.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until almost fully moistened. Stir in half of the buttermilk and yogurt mixture. Stir in the remaining dry ingredients, followed by the remaining buttermilk and yogurt. Stir until just fully moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips, if desired.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top to create an even surface. Bake about 50 minutes - until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
These are tasty and good for you too with pumpkin and banana, no oil and lots of flavor with the molasses and ginger. I baked these as muffins and got 18, which were done in my convection oven in 28 minutes.
I love, love, loved this! I was making a quick weekday breakfast so I halved the recipe and made muffins. They were absolutely gorgeous as they rose beautifully, and the flavor was out of this world. I imagine this much make a large loaf, as I got 7 large muffins from a half batch! I omitted the chocolate chips (might use nuts next time?) and used homemade plain yogurt for both the buttermilk and greek yogurt. Thanks so much...I will make this again and again. And thanks for the link to the cool blog :). Made for PARTY 2010.