Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A plethora of yummy goodies packed in this awesome bread! The original was a recipezaar recipe that i tweaked and added to and doctored so much that to review it as it was written would be wrong since it's a whole nother recipe now.
- 3 bananas, over-ripe
- 425.24 g can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 59.14 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml flour
- 158.51 ml Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 118.29 ml flax seed meal (bob's red mill)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml frozen chopped cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl stir together mashed bananas, pumpkin, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, splenda, baking powder, baking soda cinnamon, ginger, allspice, flax and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients along with cranberries and stir just until combined.
- Pour into loaf pans.
- Bake 70-80 minutes until well browned.
I'm always trying to find more ways to get flax into my diet, and this is a tasty way to do it. It captures two of my favorite autumn flavors -- I'm a sucker for pumpkin and cranberry! -- and the spices are perfect. The only change I made was to use regular sugar instead of Splenda, since I never use sugar substitute.
This is a nice way to use up leftovers! I had some overripe bananas, a dollop of applesauce and pumpkin from Thanksgiving and this recipe took care of them all! I liked the addition of the flax seed meal. I might add a bit more Splenda, though. The spices were just right!