Recipe by DeeVaFoodie
A plethora of yummy goodies packed in this awesome bread! The original was a recipezaar recipe that i tweaked and added to and doctored so much that to review it as it was written would be wrong since it's a whole nother recipe now.
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
I'm always trying to find more ways to get flax into my diet, and this is a tasty way to do it. It captures two of my favorite autumn flavors -- I'm a sucker for pumpkin and cranberry! -- and the spices are perfect. The only change I made was to use regular sugar instead of Splenda, since I never use sugar substitute.
- 3 bananas, over-ripe
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal (bob's red mill)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen chopped cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl stir together mashed bananas, pumpkin, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, splenda, baking powder, baking soda cinnamon, ginger, allspice, flax and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients along with cranberries and stir just until combined.
- Pour into loaf pans.
- Bake 70-80 minutes until well browned.