Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good quick bread to make during the fall/winter holiday season. From Land O Lakes Recipe Collection.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked or canned
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, miniature or canned
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl combine brown sugar, butter, and eggs. Mix until mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and bananas, mix well, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips,mix until just moistened, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 4 greased 5 1/2 x 3 inch mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool five minutes and remove from pans.
- * 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg and cloves can be substituted for 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- Tip: One greased 9x5 loaf pan can be substituted for mini loaf pans. Increase baking time to 65 to 75 minutes.
At the last second I realized I didn't have bananas, so I substituted 3/4 cup apple sauce and it turn out wonderful.
Fantastic recipe! I added 5 chocolate chips because someone got into my stash... next time I will add many more. I made pumpkin butter to go with by microwaving the rest of the can of pumpkin with a swirl of molasses and honey, dash of cinnamon and half a lime. Nom Nom!
Yum! This was delicious! For ingredients, I followed the recipe mostly. I used 1/2 c butter & 1 c sugar and that worked out fine. I also added some hemp & nuts for texture. (It's a house rule that any thing banana-bread like includes nuts.) For baking, I used a 9x13 glass pan for 50 minutes. 50 minutes was a little long (will try 40-45 minutes next time). All in all - a fine use of pumpkin & banana. Thanks for posting.
(Also... on the ingredients - last line calls for miniature or canned chocolate chips. ...is there such a thing as canned chocolate chips?)