A good quick bread to make during the fall/winter holiday season. From Land O Lakes Recipe Collection.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked or canned
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, miniature or canned
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl combine brown sugar, butter, and eggs. Mix until mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and bananas, mix well, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips,mix until just moistened, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 4 greased 5 1/2 x 3 inch mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool five minutes and remove from pans.
- * 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg and cloves can be substituted for 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- Tip: One greased 9x5 loaf pan can be substituted for mini loaf pans. Increase baking time to 65 to 75 minutes.