Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lovely moist spicy cake. Entry for Ready, Set Cook #3 contest.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 236.59 ml banana, mashed
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 236.59 ml toasted pine nuts, divided
- 73.94 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ginger
- 29.58 ml cream or 29.58 ml milk
- 14.79-29.58 ml crushed toasted pine nuts
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin and banana.
- In a second bowl, combine remaining ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup toated pine nuts.
- Stir to mix, add to wet ingredients, mix together only until moistened.
- Sprinkle bottom of a greased 10 inch tube pan with remaining toasted pine nuts.
- Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake in 350f degree oven for 1 hour or until tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and glaze.
- Glaze: Combine brown sugar, butter, spices and cream in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon over warm cake, sprinkle with crushed pine nuts.
Cake is great tasting. Had to bake in a 13x9 pan as my tube one was out on loan. In that size pan though it could of used more glaze, but otherwise a great tasting cake!
I think this had a little too much spice added in... and I preferred it without the glaze as it added even more spice to the cake.
This was just light light very heavy!Maybe if you whip the egg whites then fold into the batter.