1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Banana Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Lovely moist spicy cake. Entry for Ready, Set Cook #3 contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 236.59 ml banana, mashed
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 236.59 ml toasted pine nuts, divided
- 1Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- 2Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth.
- 3Stir in pumpkin and banana.
- 4In a second bowl, combine remaining ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup toated pine nuts.
- 5Stir to mix, add to wet ingredients, mix together only until moistened.
- 6Sprinkle bottom of a greased 10 inch tube pan with remaining toasted pine nuts.
- 7Pour batter into tube pan.
- 8Bake in 350f degree oven for 1 hour or until tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 9Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and glaze.
- 10Glaze: Combine brown sugar, butter, spices and cream in a small saucepan.
- 11Bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 12Spoon over warm cake, sprinkle with crushed pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 436.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g